Can only send or receive not both with Outlook account

I have one outlook account that was hit when the [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.AuthenticationAbortedException: Authentication aborted. issue started a few days ago. When I use the useoldoutlookcomflow.reg registry file and revoke the permisions in my account, I can then send emails, but I can then no longer receive emails as I get the following error [IMAP] Known Microsoft Exchange server error “User is authenticated but not connected.” has been encountered on IMAP connection. This issue is temporary and should be automatically resolved by the server. If not, please contact your mail provider. strangely enough I have another outlook account that is working just fine, regardless of the registry changes and never had an issue with the authentication aborted problem.

I am at my witts end on how to get this one account working again in eMC, I have resorted to using either web mail or my outlook desktop client app. My Android phone also works with this account with no problems

2 Likes
1 Like

I am having the same issue. The fix has been working fine for me but as of today, with the fix applied I can send emails but cannot recieve. Wiith the fix removed, I can recieve but cant send. Something seems to have changed.

1 Like

Gary, thanks for the reply, I am aware of the FIX, which I have implemented exactly as instructed. Unfortenatly it does not work for this account in eMC, with the registry fix applied I can send but not receive emails. If I remove the registry fix I can receive but not send emails, and yes I have removed the permissions in my outlook account for eMC each time.

2 Likes

I also can either send or receive my hotmail emails.
When I install the “usual” eM Client without any adds, I can receive messages.
When I “repair” the installed eM Client with a new reg file as explained in Cannot send emails for Outlook.com accounts - Authentication aborted - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
, then I can send but can’t receive anymore. Either or, never both options.

I had the same issue. I ran the “fix” last week and it worked. This week it stopped working, so I ran the “remove the workaround” at Cannot send emails for Outlook.com accounts - Authentication aborted - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software and now em client is working again:

An unfortunate update: running the undo workaround did in fact let me receive the dozens of emails since last week, but now I’m back to where this started; I can no longer any send emails. They don’t actually show to be in the EM Client outbox, but if I search my email, EM Client finds my unsent emails claiming they are in the outbox folder.

I am having the same issues… even called a tech support line that I have access to. They were unable to help. I have multiple accounts on my eMC app that include 2 msn, 1 live, and 2 gmail addresses. One MSN and One gmail address work fine - sending and receiving. The others do not work at all. I applied the “sending fix” last week for the two MSN and one LIVE accounts and all was well until Monday morning. I do not know how to undo the “fix” applied for sending.

Hopefully someone will have a permanent solution to this. Thanks for posting!

This is crap. Have no problem with several live and other Microsoft accounts in Thunderbird mail. Emclient was working but now it doesn’t but you blame outlook. I tried your fix and I could send last week. This week I can’t. Tried removing fix and removing permissions on Microsoft and re-enabling it. Still can’t send. Had tried setting up using Exchange but that didn’t work. Had to choose other email and sent up manually. Now I get two copies of messages in my sent box and no loger have access to my calendar or contacts. Wanted to get rid of Emclient but no easy way to export my saved email and folders to use in Thunderbird.

1 Like

I closed eMC and ran the registry file “removeoldoutlookcomflow.reg”, then revoked permissions to eMC in my outlook account, rebooted my computer and restarted eMC and everything is back to normal and I can send and receive email on the one affected account!

1 Like

Tried all that but unfortunately still can’t send…

2 Likes

After applying the reg “fix” I can not send or receive. Here’s the send log:

[SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Connection failed due to the following reason: "Cannot determine the frame size or a corrupted frame was received." ---> System.IO.IOException: Cannot determine the frame size or a corrupted frame was received. at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ReceiveBlobAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter) at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ForceAuthenticationAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] reAuthenticationData, Boolean isApm) at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ProcessAuthentication(Boolean isAsync, Boolean isApm, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslClientAuthenticationOptions) at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation) at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Changed my SMTP setting from “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)” to “Force usage of SSL/TLS” (with smtp.office365.com port 587) and now it’s sending. Changed IMAP setting to same (but with outlook.office365.com port 143) and I am receiving also. For now! :confounded:

Update: False positive – I send from a gmail account in same app eMC and it showed in my Exchange account. But it doesn’t receive if I send from a different email client. So I can send but not receive at the moment.

Well it looks as if I was overly hopefull , eMC is not sending with my Outlook accounts, my desktop outlook client works fine, so does the built in Win10 “Mail” program, tried to use Thunderbird and it does not appear to work, I have not had time to look at thunderbird any further to trouble shoot its problem, I had stopped using thunderbird due to issues it had with my gmail accounts!

In the mean time I am going to stop banging my head against the brick wall since it really hurts; and just use either “Outlook” or “Mail” for my outlook.com accounts and wait to see if this problem sorts itself out eventually so that I don’t have to use multiple email client programs for my multiple email accounts!

1 Like

I share your frustration – you’d think nearly a quarter of the way into the 21st century, where not long ago we imagined we’d have flying cars, vacations on Mars, maybe teleportation? – yet we’re still grappling with sending & receiving emails painlessly. My Outlook integration with the GMail app on Android failed about the same time – so I put this regression squarely on Microsoft, a reputation they’ve earned!

1 Like

It seems to be fixed for now. :slightly_smiling_face: Well, not completely fixed, SMTP doesn’t work properly yet. But today, after reinstalling the program and adding that reg file (for the 20th time this week), I finally can send and receive my hotmail emails again.