CAN NOT DELETE EMAILS FROM IN BOX

CAN NOT DELETE EMAILS FROM IN BOX. I HAVE 35 emails in my in box that i can nopt delete/move/resend or tanning. try to select all and delete, on right click individual each one, or hit delete key on key bard. nothing works. all emails appear as “blank” when opened. Also this error message shows everytime EMC is opened - “An error occurred
database disk image is malformed”. HELP
Jack

It appears that your database is corrupt.  You might try running c:\Program Files (x86)\DbRepair.exe.

If this does not work and this is an IMAP account, delete the account by closing eM Client and deleting (or renaming) the following directory:  c:\users[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (note: this is a hidden directory, so make sure you enable viewing hidden files in Windows Explorer).

Then, restart eM Client and it will create a new, fresh database.  Reenter your account info and it will resync on its own.

If this is a POP3 account and you did not save a copy of messages on the server or backup your database, you may be lost.

Am not able to locate the DbRepair.exe.

Where can I fine it?

It is C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\ DbRepair.exe

Found it an it appeared to run successfully.
But still get the same error message:
"An error occurred

database disk image is malformed"

And still have some 50 + emails that I can not delete/move/send/read/forward - or do any thing with no matter what I function I try to perform.

I have changed to “show hidden files” and the EMC directory in path you sent does not show up.

The path is C:\Users_[user_name]_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client, as Jay commented.

[user_name] wlil be your own username, so it may be something like C:\Users_jack_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\

A quick way to get there is to type %appdata% in the Explorer location bar.

Followed your instructions and all is back to normal and working GREAT.

Thanks for the help - really appreciated.
Jack