Calendar Location field changes commas to semicolons

Whenever I add a location to a calendar event, EM Client replaces any commas in the address with semicolons. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening?

Hi David,
what calendar does this happen on - what email account is it connected to? Or does this happen on all your accounts?
What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Regards,
Olivia

I normally use a Google calendar but the same thing happens if I select the local calendar within eM Client.

I have entered several events directly into Google Calendar with commas in the location.  If I retrieve them in eM Client then the commas display as semicolons but are still shown as commas in Google Calendar.  If I then update the event using eM Client the commas are placed by semicolons in Google Calendar too.
I am currently running version 6.0.24316.0.

Regards,
David.

Hi David,
unfortunately I am unable to replicate this issue, could you turn on GData logging in Tools>Settings>Advanced for your affected account?
Restart eM Client after you do and then please replicate the issue (create an event that changes the commas).
Go back to Advanced settings and click ‘Send logs…’ but change the recipient to rust@emclient.com.
Add link to this forum (and name of the test event you created for the logs) in the body of the message, so I can analyze it and get back to you here on the forum.

Regards,
Olivia

I observed this problem too. When I create a calendar entry, any commas entered into the Location field are replaced with semicolons. This is true even if I cut and paste text from another source, or from another field within the calendar entry itself. For example, if I create an address that includes commas in the Description field, and copy it into the Location field, the commas are replaced with semicolons.
My default calendar is my google calendar, but if I change to a local calendar and type a comma in the Location field, it is again converted to a semicolon.
I believe this change coincided with the most recent application upgrade. I am currently on version 6.0.24316.0 (same as David in the previous post). I’m running eM Client on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Service Pack 1.

Hello Aaron,
thank you for the additional information for this issue. We managed to replicate it now and when we find a fix it will be included in the future updates.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello David,
we managed to replicate it now but there is no setting to change it at the moment, so when we find a fix it will be included in the future updates.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

I am glad to hear that you have identified the problem and look forward to the update.

Thanks,
David.

I also have a similar issue. Certain calendar entries (new Outlook.com calendar) combine the title and location as ‘example;example’ while others display the location correctly below the title alongside the relevant symbol. I have the very latest version and have updated in the past 24 hours. Is there a may to rectify this?

This also happens for only certain instances of a repeating calendar entry.