Calendar invitation not sent from correct account email when login is different (EWS)

I’ve got account connected to Kerio Mail Server using EWS protocol. My email is different to my login - i.e. email is “[email protected]”, but login is only “newman”. When I create meeting in calendar and invite other people, the meeting is sent also to myself using address “[email protected]” (which is working alias) and then I can’t change the meeting record, because eM Client doesn’t recognize me as the owner anymore. So it seems like calendar invitations for EWS are sent from email created as “[email protected]” instead of configured full email as eM Client expect that “email” and “login” are same.

Hi Jiri, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you check for the exact version number in Help > About? Can you please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your Kerio account General / Mail and post the screenshot here on the forum?

Are you seeing any errors? Do you have the account setup as an Alias in eM Client as well?

Regards,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I use version 6.0.21040.0 (I think it’s the latest one). Can I send you screenshot as private message or via email? I don’t think it’s good idea for me to post here my settings. Regarding to aliases - I don’t have any alias defined in account settings. And the problem is not related to alias, b/c email is set to fullname format “[email protected]”,  but login is only “kala”. Calendar invitations are sent from email “[email protected]” and it’s the problem, b/c I receive to my email “[email protected]” invitation from “[email protected]” which is different - so for eM Client it’s invitation from somebody else. And the solution to send from short email and recognize it is not solution for me, b/c our company is going to disable old short format emails.

Jiri

Hi again Jiri, please try to setup the [email protected] account as your alias in eM Client. To do so go to Tools > Accounts > Your account > General > Aliases.
Add the account to the list of your aliases, and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, even I configured short email to my account as an alias, it works in the same way. Invitation is sent by short email, I receive now two “invitations”, so there are two events in my calendar and both cannot be changed. And again - setup alias is not solution for my problem.

Jiri

Hi again Jiri, sorry for my belated reply, if the issue persists, can you please update your client to this release http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21289/setup.msi and check if the issue persists? In case it does, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on EWS logging for the problematic account.

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window, click on “send logs” and submit the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Also please comment, what event (invite) was received, it’s name or possibly include the invite message attached as well.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

I installed suggested version, but nothing changed. I created event named “Test2” and sent invitation to my other email (@hotmail.com). The invitation was sent to my private email, but sender was my “short alias” and and another recipient was my “full email”. The result is same - I receive all my invitations and in additionally I cannot modify them, because the owner is “short alias”.

I sent you log files and invitation email.

With Regards,
Jiri

Hi again Jiri,
thank you for submitting the data to us, I’ve reported the issue to the developers and I’m currently waiting for more information, I’ll keep you posted as soon as possible.

Regards,
Paul