Calendar Error on downloading

Running Icewarp on a server as an internal email / Calendar / tasks / Contacts server to 13 workstations. I have one account that has run into problems retreiving the calendar. This is a shared calendar to the other workstations and the problem of loading the calendar shows up on the other workstations also.

The error in emclient is:

10:13:18 PM (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.1:5223)

8:17:29 AM MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: The ‚Äėcalendar-data‚Äô start tag on line 797 position 6 does not match the end tag of ‚Äėstyle‚Äô. Line 822, position 63. ‚ÄĒ> System.Xml.XmlException: The ‚Äėcalendar-data‚Äô start tag on line 797 position 6 does not match the end tag of ‚Äėstyle‚Äô. Line 822, position 63.

8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)

8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlReader.InternalReadContentAsString()
8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadContentAsString()
8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlSubtreeReader.ReadContentAsString()
8:17:29 AM at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementContentAsString()
8:17:29 AM at MailClient.Protocols.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.ResponseItem…ctor(XmlReader responseReader)
8:17:29 AM at MailClient.Protocols.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.MultiStatusResponse…ctor(HttpWebResponse response, Func2 getBody) 8:17:29 AM at MailClient.Protocols.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.CalendarMultigetCommand.CreateResponse(HttpWebResponse response, Func2 getBody)
8:17:29 AM at MailClient.Protocols.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.Connector.RunCommand(CalDavAccount account, ICommand command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:17:29 AM ‚ÄĒ End of inner exception stack trace ‚ÄĒ

Things I have tried:

  1. Exported calendar data to an ics file and imported it into thunderbird. The calendar.ics loads fine with no errors.
  2. Deleted user account on server and recreated the account. Imported calendar.ics and still does not load. It will load a few appointments and then error out.
  3. Checked all logs on server and not seeing any issues about this. I am running the webdav service in debug mode currently.

I am not sure if this issue is with emclient or a corrupt calendar. I need to preserve / repair the calendar for my client. Perhaps there is a way to repair this or is this an issue with emclient? The calendar.ics file is 1.5 megs in size.

I have opened a support ticket on this as it is a pro account. However, Its been a few days and I have not heard anything.

FIXED. Its an interesting fix too :slight_smile:

Background:
The calendar events were originally migrated from MS Exchange server to Icewarp. Migration went fine.

Problem: Emclient is complaining about some HTML code in the calendar download from the server.

I exported the calendar to an ics file and opened it in a text editor and removed all the HTML code from it. In particular, The object ‚ÄėDESCRIPTION‚Äô contained all the HTML code. After that I uploaded to the server, Renamed the original calendar (calendarOLD) and created a new calendar (calendar), Imported the ics file. Worked perfectly.

I think the HTML code came from MS. It was a mixed bag of DESCRIPTION’s with and without the HTML code. So - Heck yes! Blame MS for this. They seem to like their own standards I guess.

1 Like