calendar entry in google not shown in em

In general syncing with Google is working.  But I have found one meeting invitation in my Google calendar that does not show in eM.   At that time my eM calendar is blank but my Google calendar shows me Busy.  How do I troubleshoot this?  I tried doing refresh, I tried modifying the entry in Google, to force an update, but no joy.

Can you please try right click your calendar folder (where this event is saved) and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button?

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Paul, thanks for the suggestion but it did not resolve the problem.  I saw all the existing entries disappear and repopulate, but the anomalous one remains missing.
Steve

What version of eM Client are you currently using? Did you create this event in eM Client or in different email client or in your webmail?

Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on GData logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Do the repair on the folder
    If the event appears again during the repair go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs”, please send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Pity I cannot cut and paste from “About”… it is 6.0.20320.0.

The event is a meeting invitation created by someone else.
It is visible on the Google Calendar wesite, and on my Android, but not in eM.
I have sent logs by email.
Steve

Hi, I am having the same issue, to where the Google Calendar (both personal and apps for work) doesn’t update automatically. It updates fine on manual click of Refresh button on the Calendar pane.

When I add an event via Google Web Calendar, it doesn’t propagate down to eM calendar. Mail and Contacts sync down fine, but not Calendars.They all sync up to google successfully, tho.

When the autosync fires at the specified interval, the logs show that it is syncing GData stuff off of:

1. /Contacts

2. /Directory

3. BUT NOT from the /[my calendar] location

.When done manually via Refresh button, it syncs all three of the above and the Calendar updates perfectly and I see the changes in eM Client.

I am using version 6.0.21372.0. Tried on both Win 7 Pro 64-bit and Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit (shouldn’t matter, of course, because of eM Client being .NET app).

I want to buy 50-100 lifetime-upgrade licenses, but this is really a show-stopper.

German Gachevski

I need to add that the Repair function, and Remove/Add of the calendar does not help. There are no error messages.

Support, please take a look and let me/us know, as this is crucial (especially for scenarios with company-shared calendars).

Hi, by default only the default folders are synchronized automatically, other subfolders of either your calendars or your email, are synchronized when you open the selected folder in eM Client.

Regards,
Paul

Paul and team,

Thank you for your reply. It is, however, rather useless, as I am not sure what you are instructing me to do – sounds more like you are telling me to “Go mind [my] own business!”

Now, I am minding my own business. My business dictates that our email client (Thunderbird so far, before we decide to move to eM Client) be able to automatically sync down all info from Google calendar(s). I cannot even get it to (automatically) sync down my default calendar for my google account, let alone any funky subfolders.

I simply want the auto-sync to simulate the functionality of the Refresh button (on the Calendar pane), just like Thunderbird does it. Why is it not implemented that way? And in which version are we supposed to expect it?

Really looking forward to another reply from you guys!

Regards,
German

Hi again German, I certainly did not want to make an impression and state, mind your own business. What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

If the calendar is not synchronizing with the server automatically based on the synchronization period setup in Tools > Settings > General, please navigate to the advanced settings window and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account,

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to my email using the “Send logs” button, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

Thanks, Paul. We are gettings somewhere… I will send the logs to you very shortly as I have really taken it seriously to check off a lot of items for a possible switch to your client. Hint: almost all of the items I need to check off are met already…

Thank you for the precise description of the behavior. Indeed, automatic sync does not trigger refresh of Google Calendar folders every time.Instead, it only synchronizes the calendar if at least 15 minutes have elapsed since the last automatic synchronization.
However, when you press the Refresh button in the Calendar view, the folder is synced every time.

The reason for Google Calendar not being synchronized on every automatic synchronization is to reduce load on Google servers.
All applications using Google Calendar need to keep an eye on the amount of synchronization going on as this is being monitored on Google’s side.

So your calendars get updated eventually - it’s just not with every automatic sync.

Thank you,
Paul

Thank you, Paul. I confirmed that it DOES update the calendar within 15-30 mins and that is very acceptable for us, as am sure it is/would be for many/most eM Client users.

As an idea for a future user story on your side, however, I would recommend you guys take out this thin moment of pleasing Google API and leave it to the user to decide how often they should/can ping Google Calendar. With paid Google accounts, there is virtually no limit…

Regards, and keep on keeping up the good work!

German Gachevski
TSD

Hi again, glad it works, and thank you for the suggestion, I’ll check with the developers and maybe we can adjust this for future releases of eM Client.

Thank you,
Paul