Calendar crashes EM Client whenever I try to open it.

Whenever I try to open the calendar the whole EM Client program freezes. Windows then displays a message saying EM Client has stopped working and then closes the program. The program works fine as long as I don’t try to access the calendar. The calendar worked until I tried to change the calendar view to ‘Agenda’. If that caused the problem I’m unable to the view back to ‘weekly’  because I can’t access the calendar to do so.
I’ve tried re-installing the program. I’m reluctant to uninstall it because I don’t want to lose my downloaded email.
Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Uninstalling eM Client will not delete your data, unless you use an uninstall utility like Revo. So don’t worry about that. But you can always make a backup before you do that.

How are your accounts setup in eM Client? Are they IMAP or Exchange or POP3?

Are your calendars local or synced with an online calendar?

We’ve got one IMAP account and one POP3. The calendar is local, it’s not synced to anything else.

You can delete the settings file in your database directory and that will reset the calendar view to weekly. If that is the problem.

First make a backup, just in case something goes wrong. Close eM Client, and then rename C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\settings.dat to settings.dat-bak. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that.

Restart eM Client and go to your calendar. See if that has fixed it.

Going forward, I would suggest that you export any local data, then delete your database and start again. Setup your accounts and import the local data back into eM Client.

Yes that seems to have fixed it. So it obviously is a problem in the settings. Huge thanks for your help.

Maybe it was. If it shows up again, just reply to this post and we will try something different.