CalDav Sync of Notes-Field in Tasks does not work properly

@Gary , @Nitaro , @Tenquor

Took a bit of time before I could dig in, but I did. I solved the issue directly in NextCloud and with this modification, there is no more need to modify the client application (like OpenTasks). I just opened a pull request so that it will be incorporated into production software. If you want to follow it.

To @Gary specifically: From my investigation, there could be a solution on the EmClient side. When loading a task, if the stripped down HTML version is not equal to the textual description version, then discard the HTML one. I admit, though, if an other HTML capable application doesn’t strip as you do, you may discard the HTML version when it would not be needed, but at least, there wouldn’t be any data lost. Sincerely, I think your clients prefer to not lose data, but would accept to lose some formatting.

1 Like

I just found this thread because my Fastmail.com calendars will sync calendar appointments, but the note field will not UPDATE – at least once the note field becomes longer or more complex. (In fact, if I type a comma into the note field, all text after the comma gets deleted.) Posting here in case anyone else searches for something such as “calendar won’t sync note field” and/or “fastmail.”

I’ll send a link to this thread to the fastmail team and see if they have any suggestions for me. Thank you all for the good work.