Caldav: duplicate calendar entries

Hi,

It appears that eM clients local calendar cache gets out-of-sync with the calendarserver; often after creating/modifying an entry using eM Client.
After multiple modifications, the eM Clients cache contains multiple older versions of the same item; using the repair function of the folder cleans up all old duplicates.

I am using eM Client 6.0.21372.0 on a client PC running Windows 7; the server is a Linux system (Debian wheezy) with package calendarserver (Apple’s Calendar and Contacts Server 3.2+dfsg-4+deb7u1).

Is there a solution for this?

Kind regards,
Ruud Pendavingh

Hi Ruud, local calendar is not supposed to be synchronized with any of your online calendars, if you have multiple calendar accounts in eM Client, the calendars are only synchronized with the server the calendar belongs to.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

It’s not a local calendar I’m talking about but the account using the calendarserver.
With the word ‘local’ I was referring to the cache that eM Client maintains for such an account…

If you want, I can post eM Cients logging for this account. Most likely the problem is caused by inconsistent ETags after a PUT command of eM Client.

Regards,
Ruud

Hi again Ruud, can you please make a screenshot of the issue when duplicates of the item are displayed?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the long delay. in the meantime I have replaced my server software (calendarserver) to DAViCal. All problems are solved now…

Regards,

Ruud

Hello Ruud, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the software, we’ll be happy to help.