CalDav Continually Duplicating Entries

Caveat - I’m leaving this mail server software (MailSite Fusion) for atMail as soon as possible so this may be a server issue, I don’t know. However eM Client still has an issue with this so I figure it is worth a post.

I simply add a new CalDav server entry and it starts populating my calendar correctly. Then, when it seesm like that is complete, it then duplicates the entries then triplicates and so on. It never stops and I have to eventually delete the CalDav account.

A restart of the software does not solve it. Here are the issues:

6:11:54 PM sberry@******.net [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronizing items: Sync of item /calendar/C4BD12447E7E4D9C85B6940D4E4811FA.CAL failed due to error: Invalid UTC offset value. (-700)

6:11:54 PM sberry@*******.net [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronizing items: Sync of item /calendar/75341B527AA04A9B864DD8527FB6C845.CAL failed due to error: Invalid UTC offset value. (-700)

So I assume that error is what is causing this.

Thanks for reporting issue. We made a ticket in our bug reports system - we will take a look into the problem in future. But it looks to be rather server side issue as you suggested but we will be able to somehow workaround it most likely.