CalDAV/CardDAV error when choosing mail recepient

Hello!

My eM Client is connected to a mailbox.org account (a German mail provider running OpenXchange) via IMAP and CardDAV/CalDAV. When I’m selecting the recipient of a new mail by typing the first letters of his/her name into the “To:” - field, I get a strange error message:

“[CalDAV / CardDAV] Das Empfangen der Benutzer- und Gruppenliste ist fehlgeschlagen. (Bad Request)”

Nevertheless it finds the correct contacts starting with the letters I typed into the field, so I just can ignore this error and go on.
Unfortunately the error message is pretty annoying so I would like to fix it somehow.
Any ideas what could cause this error?

Hi, can you please make a screenshot of the error? And when it occurs switch to the Log/History tab in the Operations window where it’s displayed and copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul.

Screenshot: http://s14.directupload.net/images/14…

Log:

18:13:32 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability
18:13:32 Mailbox.org [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner Mailbox.org/
18:13:32 TU Berlin [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner TU Berlin/
18:13:32 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner Mailbox.org/
18:13:32 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
18:13:32 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Für Ordner Mailbox.org/
18:13:32 TU Berlin [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
18:13:32 TU Berlin [IMAP] Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Für Ordner TU Berlin/Inbox
18:13:32 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
18:13:32 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronisiere Elemente: Für Ordner Mailbox.org/
18:13:33 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronisiere Elemente: Die Synchronisation von Mailbox.org/ wurde beendet: 0 hochgeladen, 0 gelöscht, 0 veraltet, 1 Elemente, 0 heruntergeladen
18:13:33 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] Synchronisiere Elemente: Fertiggestellt
18:13:33 TU Berlin [IMAP] Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Fertiggestellt
18:13:33 TU Berlin [IMAP] Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Für Ordner TU Berlin/Outbox
18:13:33 TU Berlin [IMAP] Synchronisiere Nachrichten: Fertiggestellt
18:13:38 Mailbox.org [CalDAV / CardDAV] MailExceptions.OperationException: Das Empfangen der Benutzer- und Gruppenliste ist fehlgeschlagen. (Bad Request)
18:13:38 bei MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.LookupAddressesCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
18:13:38 bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer?
Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP and CardDav logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

I’m using a free license of the latest version 6.0.20648.0

I have sent you the requested log files!

Hi, I’ve submitted the logs to the developers and I’m currently waiting for a reply, I’ll keep you posted once I have more information, in the meantime, try to update to this version:
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20748/setup.msi , and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

6.0.20748 doesn’t help, the issue still persists.

Hi!
Do you have any news on that issue?

Hi,

I have the same problem connecting to web4all service provider

“connection to (domain) failed”
[CalDAV/CardDAV] try connecting to (domain) failed; …

Most of the time working fine (sync well) and sometime displaying en error message
It is displayed while typing the first letters of the recipient

Log tabs tells " root item missing" (sorry it’s in french)
what is the meaning of this message ?

my emclient software version is 6.0.2104
I sent the detailed log with login information to [email protected] email with this topic as reference

I hope we will get an answer. Thank you if you vcan help
Patrice, Lyon, France

Hi Patrice, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on CalDav/CardDav logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the issue reoccurs and the error occurs again, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Also are you having any issue while sending/receiving email? These errors are connected to your calendar/contact service, are you having with synchronizating your calendars or contacts between the client and the server?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi PauI,
I did the action you requested,
I sent the amil with logs and sceenshots
I hope this will help,
Patrice

I forgot to tell you: I do not have any issue with mail imap accounts

Account configuration is based on a “DAV” path and I sync both contacts and calendar items at the same time. I have this error when I start filling a recipient name in “to:” or “Cc” fields: Emclient try a connection and fails.

I do not have any error if I go to the “Contact” tab, and if I click on “Refresh”

When displayed, I ignore the message and restart typing the the name.
My contact list is well synced.

Also, As I mentionned in another topic, I would like to know why CardDAV/CalDAV requests an access to http://calendarserver.org website ? It seems the error is displayed each time this request is sent.

Thank you,

Patrice

Hi,
Any answer from support team ?
I can’t continue working with this permanent error message

Hi Patrice, I’m sorry for the belated response, unfortunately the issue is still in progress, I’ve forwarded the received data along with my report to the developers and I’m currently waiting for more information.
I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get more information or a possible solution regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Paul.