Bug when syncing caldav with an owncloud server

I am trying to sync with a caldav server (owncloud).

Syncing individual calendars works, but syncing all calendars with the Primary Caldav URL displays errors. The same Primary Caldav URL syncs well with DavDroid and iOS, so the issue is likely not from the server.

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? What Calendar service are you using with eM Client?

When the error occurs, can you please switch to the “Log” (Journal) tab in Operations, copy the content of the Log and post it here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul

I’m using eM Client 6.0.21040.0 for Windows

The service is a CalDAV server (Owncloud 7.0.4)

The CalDAV URL is : https://host_name/remote.php/caldav/ and login/password are okay. The same settings work well with iOS and android clients. I tried without the secure connection, and the result is the same.

The error today is not the same as yesterday, I have no explanation of it, but it still fails.
Today I have in the journal :
13:38:36 esc [CalDAV]  Synchronisation des sous-dossiers: Pour le dossier esc/
13:38:37 esc [CalDAV]  Synchronisation des sous-dossiers: Terminé
13:38:37 esc [CalDAV]  Synchronisation des sous-dossiers: Pour le dossier esc/principals/
13:38:37 esc [CalDAV]  MailExceptions.OperationException: La synchronisation des sous-dossiers a échoué pour le dossier “principals” avec l’erreur : Method Not Allowed
13:38:37 esc [CalDAV]  Synchronisation des sous-dossiers: Pour le dossier esc/calendars/
13:38:37 esc [CalDAV]  MailExceptions.OperationException: La synchronisation des sous-dossiers a échoué pour le dossier “calendars” avec l’erreur : Method Not Allowed

Regards,

Etienne

Hi, can you please update your eM Client to this release and check if the issue persists? http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21372/setup.msi

Thank you,
Paul

Dear Paul,
I still have the same error, it won’t sync on main ical adress. Only individual calendars work.

Etienne

Hi again Etienne, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable CalDAV logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the issue reoccurs and the error is displayed, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us using the “Send logs” button, please submit the logs to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul