Bug(s) in settings export / import

I really like the idea of settings export / import as it is a great way to replicate a known good / working setup across several machines / users. However, there is a silly bug in the import side of things that makes it unusable for me…

My standard setup has 1 or 2 e-mail accounts, 2 or 3 CalDAV accounts and 2 or 3 CardDAV accounts. These accounts are all carefully names during creation to make sure they are all distinct from each other and easily recognisable. When the settings are exported to an XML file, the XML file clearly contains the correct individual account names but when this file is imported the accounts get names after the username associated with the account instead of the account name in the file! As a result I end up with several accounts all with the same (incorrect) name.

Is this likely to be fixed in a soon to come version?

Also, some IMAP account settings (special folder mapping for one) are not preserved across export / import. Is that likely to be fixed as well?

Thank, Chris

Hello,

can I ask you for “Import” logs so I can see what is happening? Tools - Settings - Advanced, check Import under global, apply and restart eM Client.

then export and import your settings again and after send me generated logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s url in subject.

after this you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

I just sent the information to you in an e-mail as requested. Please let me know if for some reason you do not receive it.

Thanks, Chris

Hi Jan, just checking that you received my e-mail?

Chris

Hi, 

Yes, I have received and forwarded it, but please understand that we are having currently a lot work around 6th version so it can take some time until I get response and until I get to your email in line (I always try to use FIFO rule).

with regards
Jan

Understood. I just wanted to be sure it had arrived with you okay so that you had the necessary information,

Chris

Hello,

I have sent you an answer over email, if it will help you or not answer me there and when we will resolve this I will post here solution for other users.

with regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

I replied to your e-mail. Unfortunately that newer release did not help at all :frowning:

Chris

do you still have that settings.xml file? If so send me it to my mail [email protected] and add screenshot of your tools - accounts - your account - general settings.
Please join this topic’s url too.

I have tried this in 6th version now and it is working correctly. But this is quite serious issue so I can use every information you will provide me.

Jan

Sorry for the delay, I just sent you the field via e-mail.

field => files

i have received them and I think that I will be able to get to them very soon today - will respond to you over emails when that happens

Jan