Boolean search, searching options

Is there a way to do boolean search logic, for example like this:
(from:*@domain.net AND subject:*something*) OR (from:*@otherdomain.net AND subject:*something else*)

Alternatively, how about just any instead of all for search criteria? I can add a search folder searching for “from:address from:otheraddress”, but it will never work correctly because eM Client only finds messages where *all* criteria are true. How can I switch this to *any* criteria?

Hello,
you can use advanced search - just click on the little arrow in the search bar and choose Advanced search. It will generate search query with automatic AND logic. If you want to use OR, type “,” between the search values.

That works great, thanks! How about “not” searching, then? Like, for example, searching for all emails “from:*@domain.net”, where “something” isn’t in the subject?

Also, is it possible to filter on uncategorized emails? I can filter on any given category, but there doesn’t seem to be any obvious way of filtering on *no* categories (ie, including only items without a category).

No, I am sorry but it is not possible at the moment. I added it to our feature request list.

No, I am sorry but it is not possible at the moment. I added it to our feature request list.

Great, thanks.

Did you add a feature request for nested boolean searching as well, ie with brackets and logic statements (“and”, “or”, “xor”)?

Thanks a lot,
Simon

Yes I did.

I’ve been trying to get a boolean search to work using the described method, but am getting nowhere. How would I find all email read:no OR flag:yes?

Suggest it as new option… now it’s not possible. I love EM Client… and with this option it would be incredible!!! :wink:

https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…