Body text appears as attachment?

That’s great. I like people, generally speaking, I enjoy their company and conversing with them. That’s why I don’t get into talking about Apple. My wife, who is my working partner as well, uses Mac. So if it’s good for you, it’s good, and that’s all. Now, as to eM Client’s handling of the mail… Don’t want to lose sight of the real problem here.

Next time I get a message from Apple Mail that has this issue, I will open a support ticket with eM Client and update this thread.

1 Like

Hi guys

I have just encountered the same problem with the latest version of eM Client ( 7.2.37929.0)

1 Like

I encounter it every single day as I have for years and it’s annoying af, but eMClient does not care.

1 Like

Come on people, let’s get behind this again :slight_smile: .I’ve been experiencing this and opened a ticket recently (which due to my inattention has probably now been closed). I will look to log the issue again. We should all continue to log the issue until emClient take responsibility to fix things their end.

This is probably so easy to fix too.

I can appreciate the new call to arms about this, but if you scroll all the way back you’ll see that though my screenshots have been deleted, I’ve been complaining vociferously about this since 2013. eM Client clearly does not give a clam’s ass about it, and I doubt they will ever make any attempt to correct it. (Sorry to say.)

My latest dialogue with support:

Thanks for coming back to me. I go along with what many of your other paying users feel however, that other free email clients have never had this issue so would look to emClient to get caught up with this please as it is very detrimental to the function of simply reading incoming email messages in full.

I am encouraged though that you have said they will look at this more closely for v9. Do you know when v9 is planned for release?

Many thanks

Hello S,

here is a small update. I’m afraid we can’t fix that now because that’s how the server sends the messages from certain Apple Mail versions, specifically, when there is an attachment inserted in the middle of the text. However, developer said they will look into it more closely in v9 and possible find some workaround.
I’m sorry I don’t have better news.

Kind regards,

Kristyna Rysova
eM Client support

Yikes. New to eM and just discovered this issue. Pretty disturbing that they’ve steadfastly refused to fix it. Does this mean I need to look for a new email client? This is unacceptable.

Actually, it is not something that needs to be fixed in eM Client, or Thunderbird, but a defect with some messages sent from Apple Mail.

We are, however, looking into ways to workaround this for version 9.

That’s what you all have said in multiple replies above, but the fact remains that basically every other email client doesn’t have a problem displaying these. Even ancient versions of Thunderbird can handle it. So it would be great if you can find a way to make it happen in version 9.

Eight (8) years eM Client has been singing the same lame song about receiving mail from Apple computers. It’s ridiculous that we have to live with this and no other email client I’m aware of displays the same defect. Defect.

1 Like

As a paid user since version 6, I want to add my frustration that this issue has not been resolved. So much so, that I created a forum account just for this purpose. It is quite embarrassing when I have missed part of an email because it was an html attachment. It looked like I was ignoring the sender’s questions. So now I have to open every html attachment, many of which are useless signatures, but sometimes contain important text. However, I need to be very cautious to ensure that it is not malicious.

I have a recent example that I can share if eM thinks that it could help solve this issue.

This happens on occasion with messages sent from an Apple app, where they format the message body with multiple HTML sections. Unfortunately we do not support that. Sorry.

Gary, thank you for your response. I appreciate that you got back to me, but it’s not very helpful. From the discussion, it is clear that you do not support that. I’d prefer to hear why after so many years, you still do not support it and why that cannot be changed?

Their answer, for the past NINE YEARS, has been that Apple is “breaking the rules” and eM Client is rules-based. That is valid, as far as it goes; and that Apple breaks rules is not only not news, it’s been their business model from Apple’s inception. But the FACT is that even though Apple systems comprise just 7% or something of the world’s computers, in certain areas, such as content creation, and in certain regions, such as Japan, those systems make up a much larger proportion of the user base. I happen to work for a Japanese company that creates content, so I have been SCREWED for nearly a decade. eM Client is making money for the company, and that is a boat they don’t wish to rock. So their opinion is that we must accommodate them, not the other way around. I don’t see it changing.

1 Like

Thanks for that insight. But how is this accommodating Apple? As we have seen in this thread and another one, multiple alternative clients do not have this issue, and I think that you have said this too. So it seems that eM client can find a fix, they just won’t do it for whatever reason.

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that eM Client expects us to accommodate them, because they are selling plenty of software and so aren’t motivated to make the additional effort to fix this.

Got it, thanks. You’d think it would be a matter of pride for eM Client. That they would be embarrassed that a lesser and older program like Thunderbird could handle this, but eM Client cannot.

2 Likes

I don’t get them very often, maybe one or two a year, but Outlook shows these kind of messages the same as eM Client does.

1 Like