bluewin.ch authentication error since September

So unlike one of my providers. When I began using eM Client with GMX, there were issues getting CalDAV to work, but just one or two emails from me and GMX and eM Client got together and resolved it. Now CalDAV works seamlessly when setting up a GMX account. There was no consideration that I was just one of a few eM Client users with them. They tried to resolve the situation regardless. 

thanks russel
that at least shows clearly where the problem is - and we have a ray of hope that all will be well - sometimes in the future.  :wink:

I saw this notice after i was trying to reinstalling all on my em-client. Now i lost all my mails. Is there i chance to get them back? I have a bluewin.ch mail-adress?

only by uninstalling the programm you dont lose yor mails, you have to delete the folder inside the roaming path to delete everything. 

what kind of account do you have - pop or imap?

That changed a few versions back Christopher. Now, during the uninstall, you are asked if you want to delete the database.

Unfortunately Gaby, if you are using POP3 and you either delete the account from eM Client, or you delete the database directory during the uninstall, you also permanently delete the messages. The only recourse will be to restore your most recent backup.

ame here, my compagny cant send email. useless product

Yes Jean-Pierre, I think we can now all agree that Swisscom/Bluewin is useless. Maybe after their upcoming reconfig, things will look better.

yes use live mail or thunderbird. webmail or inbox they all working well

well jean-pierre, sending emails has not been a problem, only receiving. if you have a sending problem then check the swisscom website and adjust your settings for sending email.

Or use any of 1000 other email providers all working well with eM Client. I know Christopher, you don’t approve of that comment. Hopefully the upcoming changes they are promising with removing the misconfigured CRAM-MD5 will result in a usable email provider, and this thread can finally be closed.

gary, christopher is not the only one not approving that comment. in most cases it is not just black or white. in general swisscom are offering a good product - but in this case not. at the same time: it took long for em client to come out with an official statement. info always helps to cool down the emotions.

no worries, i still like em client and keep on recommending it.

gary, christopher is not the only one not approving that comment. in most cases it is not just black or white. in general swisscom are offering a good product - but in this case not. at the same time: it took long for em client to come out with an official statement. info always helps to cool down the emotions.

no worries, i still like em client and keep on recommending it.

of course i like it to… thats why my customers bought it… but at the end they cant use the product, and telling them be cool and waist time is not a good answer for them

Yes Jean-Pierre, the SMTP settings can be an issue. Mads will know better which works with this provider, but the options for SMTP are one of the following combinations:

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Port 587 is the best for security and is also the default standard for SMTP. You will find these settings in Menu > Tools > Accounts, and then in the SMTP tab.

Another possibility is that an anti-virus or firewall application is blocking the port/application. So temporarily disable that and try again.

Also, the two most recent version of eM Client seem to have their own issues. If nothing else works, uninstalling  eM Client and then download and install 7.2.35595 from the Release History. Maybe that will give better results.

Finally, as a Pro License user, you can always make use of your VIP support option by opening a support ticket with eM Client.