Blank Emails v8.2.1659 (845a639)

Each time I send a reply email to one of my friends, I immediately receive a reply from here with just her email address and Re (Original Subject line), the body is a total blank.

Does any body know or understand why this is happening?

I found a similar Topic but it was for v7.??.?, I followed the same instructions but did not see “repair” under Folder>Properties in my version.

Resurrecting my old thread because I am having the same issue with v 8.2.1659.
I cannot upgrade above this version because Win 7 is not supported, my PC’s MB will not support
Win 10/11.

Has anybody else come across a similar issue since last December?

Each time I send a reply email to one of my friends, I immediately receive a reply from here with just her email address and Re (Original Subject line), the body is a total blank

As this is also happening in V8.2.1659 I suspect the problem with the blank body in the receivers reply email to you is the receivers end issue.

Does this reply blank body issue happen replying to any other recipients ? or is it only this person.

Also right click in the body of the reply email and make sure you have HTML selected and not Text only.

I cannot upgrade above this version because Win 7 is not supported, my PC’s MB will not support
Win 10/11.

The only option then is to buy a new motherboard or a good second hand motherboard that does support Win 10 / 11.

Note: If you do get another motherboard, bear in mind Win 10 is officially only supported till Oct 2025. So best to get a board that will run Win 11.

[quote=“cyberzork, post:3, topic:87190”]
Does this reply blank body issue happen replying to any other recipients ? or is it only this person.

Also right click in the body of the reply email and make sure you have HTML selected and not Text only.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply cyberzork. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

The automatic blank reply is only from this one person.
I have HTML selected.

If the problem is on the Receivers end, what should we be looking at or for to fix the issue, do you have any suggestions?

I am currently in the process of having a new home built, when we move in I will be upgrading our 2 x PC’s.

The automatic blank reply is only from this one person. I have HTML selected.

If the problem is on the Receivers end, what should we be looking at or for to fix the issue, do you have any suggestions?

As you have HTML already selected in the body and using V8.2.1659 and it’s only with this sender, then sounds like it’s something to do possibly with their specific mailer or mail client they are using that maybe eg: non standard in some way.

I would ask the sender (for a test) to send you an email from another mail system like a eg: free outlook.com, gmail.com or yahoo.com account using webmail. Or alt ask the sender to use a different free email client like eg: Thunderbird, Bluemail, Mailbird and send you an email. They could even do a test send with eM Client :wink: .

So you will know then if it’s something to do with their specific mailer or mail client they are using.

The other person is also using eM Client, but I am not sure what version they are using.
I will check tomorrow and get back to you, unless of course the version is nothing to be concerned about.