Blank calendar and error messages behind domain/proxy

Hi there

I work in a secondary school and I have just asked IT to install EM client on my school laptop as our system doesn’t play nicely with Outlook.

When I installed it on my home computer (behind a simple wifi router), it was fully functional, except each time it synched, I got an error window pop up with a bunch of error messages.

After installing it at school, I am finding that similar messages appear. I also seem to get no Calendar at all - the calendar page is blank with a simple line in the middle saying ‘this folder contains no items and no operation can be performed’.

The laptop is attached to a domain (hence why IT have to install software) and the school uses a proxy server which screws with a lot of things, I think.

Is there any chance you know how I could resolve this? I cleared the log, did a send/receive and copied the operations log. Have included the result below this message

Regards

Ben Wainwrgiht

12:15:06 [email protected] [GData] Synchronizing folder list
12:15:06 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
12:15:06 MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder list failed with an error: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 407 ()
12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:15:06 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
12:15:06 [email protected] [GData] Synchronizing folder list
12:15:06 MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder list failed with an error: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 407 —> Google.GData.Client.GDataRequestException: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 407
12:15:06 at Google.GData.Client.Utilities.getAuthException(TokenCollection tokens, HttpWebResponse response)
12:15:06 at Google.GData.Client.Utilities.QueryClientLoginToken(GDataCredentials gc, String serviceName, String applicationName, Boolean fUseKeepAlive, IWebProxy proxyServer, Uri clientLoginHandler)
12:15:06 at Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.EnsureClientLoginCredentials(HttpWebRequest request)
12:15:06 at Google.GData.Client.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)
12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.ClientLoginAuthenticator.ApplyAuthenticationToRequest(HttpWebRequest request)
12:15:06 at Google.Apis.Requests.Request.CreateWebRequest(Action1 onRequestReady, AsyncExecutionState asyncState) 12:15:06 at Google.Apis.Requests.Request.ExecuteRequestAsync(Action1 responseHandler)
12:15:06 at Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.GetAsyncResponse(Action1 responseHandler)
12:15:06 at Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.BeginFetchInternal(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Func2 fetchFunction)
12:15:06 at Google.Apis.Requests.ServiceRequest1.BeginFetch(AsyncCallback callback, Object state) 12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.FetchHelper.FetchWithCancellation[T](ServiceRequest1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.TaskFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:15:06 — End of inner exception stack trace —
12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:15:06 [email protected] [GData] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
12:15:06 MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’ failed with an error: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 407 ()
12:15:06 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:15:06 [email protected] [GData] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Directory/’
12:15:06 MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Directory/’ failed with an error: Execution of authentication request returned unexpected result: 407 ()
12:15:06 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: Done
12:15:06 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
12:15:06 [email protected] [IMAP] Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]

Ok, I have just discovered that if I go into the settings and turn off XMPP, the error messages vanish.

I still have no contacts or calendar though so if anybody knows how to deal with that I would be very grateful.

Scratch that. The box I unticked was the diagnostic logs for XMPP. The thing that stopped the error messages was turning off contacts/calendars.

Hi, if you turn off contacts/calendar then of course you will have no synchronized contacts.

I see that you are using Gmail, so enable your contacts again and then go to Tools - Settings - Advanced check GData, apply and restart eM Client.

Then wait until you will see your issue again and form advanced windows click on “send logs” and send them to [email protected], please join link to this topic also.

Jan