Bizarre downloads

Most of the time the download operation isw fine but sporadically it downloads my e-mail history multiple times. Having cleaned up my inbox earlier today I it has suddenly got 564 e-mails in it that have previously been filed or deleted. How can I stop this?

Sounds like you may need to make contact with your email host and report the problem.

Is this an IMAP or POP Account ?

If you have a eg: POP account that can happen if the mailer eg: doesn’t download the entire (total amount of emails) and stops short before completing the download 100%, so the mailer then starts downloading all over again from the beginning and you end up with all duplicates. So check when your mailer is downloading that it always gets to the end of the total amount of messages.

This can also sometimes happen in POP accounts due to eg: physical connections that are not stable enough all the time or too slow and the mailer then starts and stops which creates duplicates. So check that your internet speed is constant and not dropping out when the mailer is receiving.

Lastly can also sometimes happen for POP accounts due to eg: “optional email scanning” delaying the incoming email, or very large file attachments being scanned taking way to long so the mailer starts and stops again causing duplicates. So to test if you have optional antivirus email scanning running, try disabling the inbound antivirus scanning to see if that’s the problem.

Thanks for that Cyuberzork. It indeed seems to be my impatience that has caused the problem. Sit on hands until machine has finished and all is well.

1 Like