Birthdays incorrectly after sync

I  have my contacts stored in the Address Book of my german provider and sync them with the aid of Active Sync resp AirSync with eM Client (V: 6.0.22344.0).

Unfortunately after the synchronization in the eM Client the birthdays are displayed a day too early. Maybe the error is caused by the German daylight savings time or the time zone.

The following is an example from the log file of eM Client. The date starts at 11:00 pm the day before. The correct date of birth is 1958-12-22.

09:56:39.501|026|    1958-12-21T23:00:00.000Z

Hello Bernhard, what mail/calendar and contacts service are you using with eM Client, is this a Hotmail/ account or are you using some other provider with the AirSync protocol?

I’ve tried to replicate the issue using the native interface, but both my calendars and contacts were synchronized properly not pointing to an application issue with the birthday field/proper timezone.

Can you please make sure you have the right timezone setting selected on your mail server to avoid issues with timezone synchronization between your computer and your server? eM Client is using the Timezone preferences on your computer, so in order to synchronize calendar items properly make sure both server and computer are setup with the same timezone.

Also please try to update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22465.0 and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Hello Paul, thank you for the fast response. I use mail/calendar and contacts service of the German Provider “EWE AG” with the active sync protocol.

The timezone set by my provider is “Europe/Berlin”. The timezone on my computer is “(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Vienna, Stockholm”, so it’s identical.

I have installed release 6.0.22465.0, but the problem is still present.

However, when I gather a date of birth in EM Client, it is correctly transferred to my provider. After the transfer, when I use the repair function in the settings of my contacts folder, the date of birth is displayed incorrectly by eM Client.

The error occurs only in one direction (Provider – > EM Client).

The contacts of my smartphone (Android) I also sync with my provider “EWE AG”. Here the error doesn’t occur. My guess is that the error is located in EM Client.

Hello again Bernhard, I’m afraid we might need some additional logging data, if you’re syncing your items over AirSync, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable Airsync logging for the problematic account.

Save the settings and replicate the issue, once the issue reoccurs, please restart the application, go back to the advanced settings window and submit the data to us for more information about this problem.

Please submit the files to my work mail, mcgregor@emclient, and include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you