(Big red X) kram59@hotmail.com: Connecting to kram59@hotmail.com failed

(Big red X) kram59@hotmail.com: Connecting to kram59@hotmail.com failed[IMAP] An attempt to connect to kram59@hotmail.com failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?

Under that
 (Big red X) An error occurred
Synchronizing folder "kram59@hotmail.com/calendar/"failed due to the following error. (500) Internal Server fail. Error.

I get these messages every time I open email up. Anyone?

Thanks M
ark in Alaska

Hello Mark,

Could we please ask how is your account setup? These errors could be caused by Microsoft migrating hotmail/msn/live/outlook accounts to the new Microsoft Exchange server. To get rid of them, you need to remove your account from eM Client and then set it up as an Exchange (! please note that deleting the account means that all locally stored data will be deleted).

After deleting the account, go to Tools -> Accounts -> New Account but skip the “Automatic Setup” option and in the “Mail” option click on the Exchange icon. Afterwards just enter your email address in both “Email address” and “User name” fields, enter the password and then be patient while eM Client is “Obtaining server configuration records”.

Hopefully this will be helpful in resolving your problem. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Maurice