Bellsouth email will not connect to the server!

Hello to all, I cannot use this program of the following error message, please advise!

Hi Gidat,

I just went through a very similar issue. AT&T over the past two weeks apparently cut over to their new email security system. First my alias stopped working, and then my primary email. Compounding the problem is the error messages did not reflect what was actually going on.

You have two choices. The first is to set up your email account using the YAHOO! selection when setting up an account, which will use your current email password. Note that this will force you to use IMAP protocol, if that matters to you. Alternatively, you can switch to use a secure password generated by the AT&T email management system. You go to your AT&T account to set that up. You then use the password it generates, and use it as your password for your email account in eMClient. All your other settings should remain the same.

Hope this helps.

Hello
Thanks for replying. I will have to get assistance from my son here.

I am able to receive emails through Yahoo ATT emails without any problems. I am used to eM Client for past 8 years.
Since I am receiving Emails through ATT, they are telling me that its not their problem but its eM Clients problem.
I am afraid to do anything with eM Client program as I might loose all the data.

Thanks Again

Typically when you can receive but not send, that means there is some interference from your anti-virus application.

Before registering an app password, can you temporarily disable any anti-virus/firewall or VPN application and try again.

Sorry to bother you. I can not receive or send in eM Client. But I can REC and send in ATT Yahoo email.

OK, I misunderstood thinking you could receive. Try disabling you anti-virus application anyway and see if there is a difference.