Bcc: not recorded in 'Sent' email

I use the blind copy process, and address the email to myself and put the addressees in the Bcc: box. Then when this email arrives in my Inbox and in my ‘Sent’ there are no details of the addressees I put in the Bcc: box. Am I doing something wrong? Can you help, please. Keith

Hello Keith, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

When the message is received to your inbox it should not include information about the BCC address in the header nor in the message’s source. BCC is essentially a hidden copy, so none of the recipient should be seeing this information if you’ve included someone in the BCC field.

If the option is missing from the Sent folder where the sent mail was stored, please make a screenshot of the issue and copy the source code of the message from the sent folder - to do so, right click the message and select “View Mail Source” (or Header). And submit it to us here on the forum or submit a screenshot of the header source code here.

Thank you.