Baffling error message

What does the following error message mean?
"An error occurred. Deleting items in folder "…@Bell.net/Trash’ failed with an error: ‘None’ is an invalid XmlNodeType. Line 8, position 8.

Hi, could you tell me what exactly have you tried to do, what email provider do you use and with what protocol?

Jan

Hi,
My e-mail provider is Bell Canada which is basically a hotmail/outlook account.
Within eM-client, I have a second account which is a gmail account.
I’ve run the diagnostic tool which results in the aforementioned error message.
What do you mean by protocol?

by protocol I meant if you use IMAP/POP3 or other for synchronization of your emails.

You can check it in Tools - Accounts - your account and if you look on what Tabs you have there visible.

Jan

Under my main account (eg. …@bell.net) I see the following tabs:“General”, “Mail, Calendar, Contacts” and “Diagnostics”. Under my synchronized account (eg. …@gmail.com) I see the following tabs: “General”, “IMAP”, “SMTP”, Calendar, Contacts" and “Diagnostics”.

When I run the diagnostic option, I get a green check mark + ok results for both IMAP and SMTP.

Hope this is the information you need. Thx

I will need your IMAP logs then, go to tools - settings - advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.
Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that use “send logs…” to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

Then you can turn logging off.

Jan