Backup

@pefunk
By the way, if it is of any interest, I found a utility on GitHub for batch conversion of EML to PDF.
https://github.com/nickrussler/eml-to-pdf-converter

The distillation process speed is about the same as eM Client’s pre-print render and conversion. But I am going through the backlog of eM Client emails (a few months worth since I started using eM Client) converting them to PDF. The output is not the same as eM Client’s, (in fact in some aspects, it is better), but it is faster than converting through eM Client.

Just installed it and tried on a folder with 55 newsletters from an image processing website (on1.com). After looking at the first converted newsletter,  I am convinced to stick with emClient’s solution: The on1 Newsletter shows two “featured photos” eml-to-pdf converter cuts both of them right through the middle by page breaks, whereas emClient keeps them intact. As I mentioned before, emClient’s pdf’s with embedded images have a size issue (3.37 vs 0.98 MB), Nuance plug-in from Outlook manages to create a file of under 500 KB, but also cuts off a bit of both pictures at page breaks.
EmClient creates the best pdfs by far at the cost of disk space, but disc space is cheap.

The destillation speed is somehow handicapped by the fact that you have to save the mails to eml first, because eml-to-pdf does not plug into the email client. And - the horror - it needs Java, which I had previously banned from my PC.

Interesting about the split photo.
I’ll see how that goes for me when I get to that class of newsletter.
Most of my newsletters have only thumbnail images, and I have not seen that issue yet.

I will probably only use the converter for the backlog; ongoing it will prudent to use eM Client’s distiller, because, as you said, the 2 step process would be inconvenient.

Interesting anenlightening comments, really! Now, another related question. Since all these processes, except the em Client backup, are manual, is therre a command-line option for it? I would really like to automate it. OK, just played with it a  bit, and it gives me what I want (in eml format). Now, is therre a way I can permanently alter the directory in which it saves the emails?
Thanks for this (and I’ll be plleased to see the “save as pdf” pulled out of the print menu, or at least included in the esport menu as well. Thank you, guys! Also thanks for the quick responses.