Backup Target Directroy

When I go to set up my backup after enabling backup I can set all features except the target directory as it is greyed out

Hi,
does this happen all the time ever since you enabled backup? Have you tried restarting the application?
If you disable and enable backup again does the issue persist?

Best regards,
Olivia

This is the first time I have tried using the backup feature.  When I go into the backup section everything is greyed.  When I click the enable button the frequency and number go white but target directory remains gery.  I click apply and then OK but when I go back into backup feature everything is greyed again and when I open the target directory in win exp it is empty.  Have tried going out and into the program and have even reinstalled it but problem persists

Hello,
sorry for the hold up, but can you check the Windows “Task Scheduler” tool if the enabled backup is really set up to occur?
Could you add screenshots of both the greyed out settings and of the task in the window Task Scheduler?

Best regards,
Olivia

Screen shots as requested 

One - first when I set backup in client -note target is greyed
two - In task sched it shows but disabled
three - I have enabled it
four - next when I go back to client not enabled

Comparing the first and fourth screenshot, it doesn’t look greyed out at all. This might be a silly question, but have you tried actually clicking the “…” button or changing the path in the text field?

Best regards,
Olivia

It is the background that is greyed.  Yes I have tried clicking on the ellipse and entering diff locations.
However I have worked in the task sched and made changes there but it will not run automatically - I have to run it manually in TS and then it has worked The backup is a zip file but I assume this is normal.  I have tried to set it up again in eM and I am now getting an error mesg when I click apply (see screen shot) It seems to me it is a permissions problem Have tried giving eM program admin rights but not working  Is there something that needs to be done in Task Sched?

Hi,
what are your permission settings for the eM Client database folder? (location of this folder is in Tools > Settings > General > Storage)

Best regards,
Olivia