Backup search and restore

Hi! Is it possible to search the backup copy please? And how to restore it without loosing the current emails?

I manually create a backup copy of my emails on a separate hard drive every 3 months. What should I do to search for a particular email in a such backup copy?

And how can I restore it? When I select Restore from the menu, it warns me that my data will be overwritten. And when I select Import, there is no option to import a selected mailbox to a separate folder. Please advise.

You can’t search a backup file without restoring it, but there is a way to retrieve selected data from the backup and still keep your current data:

1. Disconnect the computer from the Internet. This is important!

2. Go to Menu > Settings > General > Backup. Disable Periodic Backup if it is selected and click on OK.

3. Make a backup using Menu > Backup, so we can come back to the current database later.

4. Restore the old backup that has the data you want to retrieve. If it is not in that one, restore the next one etc.

5. When you find what you want, export it. You can do that using Menu > File > Export > Export email to eml files. You can select whole directory trees, so it is fairly easy to do.

6. Restore the backup made in step 3.

7. Reconnect to the Internet.

8. Import the data from step 5 using Menu > File > Import > Email (eml).

Thank you! This should work! Thank you, Gary!