Backup missed.

If eM Client backup is set to run each day at, say, 10am and my PC is not switched on at that time,  when will the backup occur? Also, does eM Client need to be on for backup to run?

Hi Gordon,

My take on this is that it depends on the settings in Windows Task Scheduler.
which eM Client uses for  scheduling the backup.

see  https://www.emclient.com/faq-em-client-features
HOW CAN I CHANGE THE BACKUP INTERVAL? AND HOW CAN I SCHEDULE THE BACKUP TO OCCUR AT A PARTICULAR DATE AND TIME?
The backup options are accessible in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Backup. You can choose the folder where the backups will be saved and once you check the ‘Enable Backup’ option, you can also select how often you’d like the back up to occur and how many backups you want to keep (you can store up to five different backups at a time).

To change the time of the backup, open up the Windows “Task Scheduler” tool. Click on the Task Scheduler Library and you will see eM Client Database Backup in the middle window amongst the other tasks. Double-click it to open the properties, go to the ‘Triggers’ tab and you can edit the time and day when the back up takes place.

To fine-tune the triggers for when the task will be executed in case it is missed, use the available setting in Task Scheduler -   
eg on return of power or on Windows startup etc.  

eM client doesn't need to run for this.  

An official answer would be nice, but I think I'm close with this.  

Peter E.