Backup - everything except emails

Hi,

is there a way to backup everything except emails?
If the email account is big (a lot of GBs) it takes a lot of time to backup.
And as email is configured as IMAP and stored on server, I don’t want to back it up.
But I want to backup calendar, tasks, settings.
Is it possible?

Zdenek

I haven’t seen any option in settings to not backup email when running the built-in backup.

1 Like

Yes, there is no option in the standard backup dialog.
But when the email account is like 10 GB large, it takes ages to finish the backup … and the running backup eats a lot of system resources.
And when I want to use eM Client also as a To-Do manager, I don’t want to loose my tasks.
That’s why I want to know if there is any way how to run a backup without backing up the actual emails.
Settings and To-Do tasks , or just To-Dos only.

lunes 11 octubre 2021 :: 1358hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Zdenek

What I have done in a similar situation is to schedule the automatic backup for a specific time, for instance, when I have finished for the day.
Before you start ensure that Periodic Backup is enabled and you have selected Frequency & Preserve Last to the intervals you require. (Menu ->Settings ->General ->Backup)
NOW
In Windows: Open Task Scheduler ->Task Scheduler Library ->In new window scroll to:
eM Client Database Backup ->Right Click ->Triggers ->Edit time shown to suit.

If you don’t know Task Scheduler is in Windows Administrative Tools
OR
Type Schedule in Search for a direct link.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

No, there isn’t, sorry. The backup is a complete snapshot of the database as it exists when the backup is made.

But you can export your tasks manually, if that works for you. Go to Menu > File > Export > Export Tasks to ics files.

Similarly you can export your settings using Menu > File > Export > Export settings to xml file.