back up

Having a problem backing up EMC. Get the following message: “An error occurred
database disk image malformed”
Usning vs. 7.1.31849.0
Any ideas.
Thanks - Jack

Can you upgrade to the latest version at http://www.emclient.com/release-history and see if there is any difference?

According to EMC (in the help menu - check for updates) I have the latest version

thanks

that was my 1st try

The update function does not always recognise minor updates. Apparently there is some valid reason for this.

Don’t want to mess with the current set up as it works fine except for lack of being able to back up. My concern is that if I do not have a b/u  file to fal lback on I might loose everything. Thoughts?

You can do a manual backup.

You want the complete C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ directory and all its files and sub-directories.

This is the same as what the built-in backup does, it zipps that directory and it is able to do it while eM Client is running. If you do it manually, eM Client needs to be closed  otherwise you will end up with a corrupted backup.

Thanks for the info - am I to assume that all the files in the “Archive” directory are the “back-up” files?
Is there a reason the the old “backup” function is not morking?
Thanks
JAck

The C:\Users_username_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\ directory is your complete database. So copying that directory to somewhere else is the same as a backup. When eM Client makes a backup, it zipps that complete directory and saves the file in My Documents.

Sub-folders of the database are also part of the database. If you have an Archive folder, it is possible that within eM Client you also have an Archive folder, or may have had at some time. That is not the backup directory.

Why the backup is not working, I am not sure. The first thing to test is if it is working with the most current version of eM Client. If that is not possible, like because you don’t want to upgrade, that is fine. Another option is to check if there is some problem with the database. You can close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\ DbRepair.exe. After that has completed, try running the backup again. Menu > File > Backup.

THANKS - GOT IT AND THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
GREAT PRODUCT (BY THE WAY).
Jack