Back up to OneDrive without starting eMClient

I have a new dll issue on my Windows 10 computer which is preventing me from starting eMClient. Its preventing a lot of applications from opening.

While I try and get it fixed, can I back up my eMClient database to OneDrive without opening eMClient, so that I don’t lose my emails? Is it possible to do this by dragging files through File Explorer? I can’t use the normal backup functions as I can’t open the app.

Please help!

lunes 07 marzo 2022 :: 2245hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Jathkel

I can not answer your question about OneDrive, however, if you have been using
the eMC Backup you can save the backup file to OneDrive to save your emails if
you have been using Local Folders.
To resolve your DLL issue with Windows 10 use should run DISM.EXE, if you
do not know how to do this, here are instructions:

Open Command Prompt in Admin mode:

Copy & Paste and run:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

It is a Microsoft utility that can check/repair your system.
Missing or corrupt files will be replaced - could be the reason eMC won’t run.
You must be connected to the internet when carrying out these procedures.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!

Skybat
Будь ласка, підтримайте Україну будь-яким способом. Слава Україні
Смерть Путіну

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas

Thanks. DISM failed part way through… I’m going to need a new hard drive.

Is there an eMClient data file that I can pick up from a folder, store it on a USB and then paste it back into the correct folder location when I reinstall eMClient after the new drive is installed? So that I can have access to my current emails / folders etc?

martes 08 marzo 2022 :: 0820hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Jathkel

I guess you do not have a Backup…

Try this first
Open Command Prompt in Admin mode:

Copy & Paste and run:

sfc /scannow

The above is also Microsoft utility

If you have a standard installation you can try:

Repair Database: Press Windows+R and then run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe /dbrepair

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!

Skybat
Будь ласка, підтримайте Україну будь-яким способом. Слава Україні
Смерть Путіну

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas

Hi Skybat, thanks for this. I did both actions but still can’t open the app.

I get an error - MailClient.exe - Bad Image, ‘C:\Windows\System32\IPHLPAPI.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error.’ I can’t open a lot of apps suddenly due to this error.
Then when I click past this I get unable to load DLL ‘libcef’ or one of its dependencies, The module cannot be found.

I downloaded a new version of IPHLPAPI.DLL but get need TrustedInstaller access when trying to swap it out inside System32.

Is there a file within the Roaming\eMClient folder I can take a copy of to retrieve my emails if I need to swap out the hard drive?

@Jathkel

Do you possibly have a recent “entire image” of your computer you can restore ?

Or if you have eg: an IMAP, Exchange or iCloud (Non pop) accounts and don’t normally keep anything in eM Client local folders, then just reinstall eM Client on your new harddisk & add your accts again and all your email will come back.

Hi, cyberzork. Nope, no image unfortunately. I use gmail accounts.

@Jathkel

I use gmail accounts.

Ok if you then use the normal default Gmail / IMAP and haven’t stored anything in eM Client local folders, then just reinstall eM Client on your new harddisk and all your email will come back.

Once reset up and all your email re-appears in eM Client, setup either periodic backups in eM Client via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” or manually backup regularly via “Menu / Backup”. You can then copy the eM Client backup.zip files to One Drive or any other cloud drive like Google Drive. I backup to both regularly just in case.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thank you. How do I confirm that I haven’t saved anything in the local folders?

@Jathkel

How do I confirm that I haven’t saved anything in the local folders

I don’t think you can see if there is anything in local folders in eM Client (unless you could get back into it), but someone else on this forum may know.

However if you login to your Gmail online via the browser and all your Gmail Labels (folders) look to be all there (with all your emails intact) going down the left, then I suspect you probably then never used eM Client local folders at the bottom left at all as I don’t.

Yep, it looks like they are all there online. Thanks for this, much appreciated!

1 Like