Automatic update sent to wrong computer?

About 3 weeks ago, with some help from you folks, I moved eM Client to my new Windows 10 computer from my old Windows 7 computer, where I retained a deactivated copy of eM Client.  Since then I’ve also upgraded the old computer to Windows 10.  On the 4th of July, I turned on the old computer and found your “Automatic updates” prompt saying “New update available…” so I downloaded it and  installed it.  So now I have deactivated copy of version 7.0.26453.0 on the old computer. 

Meanwhile, the copy I’m actually using–on my new computer–is still the old version, 6.0.2498.0.  Did you send my automatic update to the wrong computer?  How do I get my active copy updated?

Thanks.

Dave

Hello Dave,
I found only one registered FREE license under yoour mail address. All FREE licenses have version 7 allowed and the installation file is always available on our website.
The only limitation is that your license should be active on only one device.

So, download the installation file from our website or go to Help>Check for Updates section to download the upgrade.

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,

When I “go to Help>Check for Updates section to download the upgrade” as you suggest, I get a pop up saying “There is no update available”.  And the website page you linked me to has no  “update” option, only a complete new download, in which case I assume I would have to reload my files from backups.  That’s a long-winded work-around, and I shouldn’t have to do that every time there’s an update.  Why is your  “automatic updates” feature not working on my new computer? Nor is a manual update available.

I understand I’m only allowed one free license.  It’s been activated on the new computer, and on my old computer it’s been deactivated.  How do we get “automatic updates” to go to the computer where it’s activated?

Thanks.

Dave

Hello Dave,
downloading the msi file from our website will not change your database in any way, so you will not have restore or set up anything. It is the same file that would be used for updating your current installation.

Regards,
Olivia