Auto retrieve has died!

With no input from me, no change in settings, emclient has stopped auto (30 mins) retrieving emails from the server. I can go to ‘refresh’, click on ‘send and receive all’ and everything works, they download. Any advice on how to restore this option would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry Watson.

jueves 20 enero 2022 :: 1246hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Terry_C_Watson

What version of eMC are you using?
Perhaps a stupid question… Have you shutdown and restarted eMC?
Have you checked? Menu ->Settings ->General ->Synchronization
Presumably you use IMAP- who is your ISP?

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hi,

Thank you for replying,

I am on eMC 7.2, have closed and opened, even re-booted, no change.

Synch changed to 20 mins, (from 30) Menu, account, diagnostic pop3 and smtp, everything ticked ok. Spoken to ISP, they confirmed everything in order their end. Refresh manually, everything back to normal, just will not run on auto.

Will upgrading to the pro version cure the problem?

Thanks.

jueves 20 enero 2022 :: 1459hrs (UTC +01:00)

Good question which cannot be answered, however, I suggest you update to v8.2.1659

https://www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

Before you do update BACKUP your existing installation in case you have any issues
and save the backup file to, for instance a USB stick.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla España!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I contacted my service provider by phone and they re-established my ‘ludlowboy’ account and rechecked the ‘tcwatson’ account. Now everything is working perfectly, including the synchronized download.

I suspect my problems may not have been self inflicted!

Many thanks for all of your help,

Terry Watson.

1 Like