Auto delete messages on server

If I view and delete a message on my phone it gets deleted on the server. Then when I check emails on my PC that message is still in eM, can I change that so that messages I have deleted from the server do not appear in eM? Thanks, Peter

eM Client will automatically show anything deleted from the server (from any other device) when it connects online if your email account is setup as an eg: IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account.

If you have a POP acct setup in eM Client then you have to delete emails manually.

Thanks for that. I will have to change from pop3 to imap. Is it as easy as that?

I will have to change from pop3 to imap. Is it as easy as that.

See the following eM Client documentation below on setting up an email account “automatically or manually” depending on your email provider.

The default automatic email setup wizard will normally detect IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account without you having to do anything. Otherwise you have to manually setup your email account using the “Mail / Other” option via “Menu / Accounts”.

Creating an account eM Client

https://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/8.2/eMClient/Content/Accounts/Create%20New%20Account.htm

Thanks for your advice, all sorted now. Many thanks.

1 Like