Attachments stored in Temp Folder after 5 min gone

Em Client oder Windows deletes Attachments stored in

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\eM Client temporary files

pretty fast. If I want to send an Email my attachments are gone after some time and I have to attach them again.

Is there any preference in Em client oder setting in Windows?

If I want to send an Email my attachments are gone after some time and I have to attach them again.

So are you saying the attachments are not showing in the eM Client sent mail folder after the email sends ? as thats where the attachments stay permanently unless you delete them manually.

The Windows %temp% folder (C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp) is not meant for user access. It is a place for the OS and for applications to temporarily store files in the background if needed. For example if you open an attachment from an email, eM Client will temporarily save the file in %temp% so that the application associated with that file type an open it for display. Once you close the associated application, the temporary file will be scheduled for removal. Also, when eM Client closes, the whole \eM Client temporary files\ folder will be deleted.

If you want to save your attachments to disk, save them in your Documents folder or any other folder you create for that purpose. Please do not use hidden system folders.

Why are files copied from for example c:\ to the temp folder when writing an email.

What is the purpose of caching?

And yeah I definitely not mean with incoming emails and save any attachments from them in the temp folder. I mean that i write a email to anyone else with attachments and em clients caches the files everytime in the temp folder. So they are copied there for a short time…

Why are files copied from for example c:\ to the temp folder when writing an email.

eM Client like other email programs, need a temporary location to eg: packup mail from all your attachments , images etc you add before sending the email. This is how mailers work.

Then once the email sends, the temp folder items are then deleted shortly after as @Gary advised. This is not a fault, and is just how it works.

You then only see those attachments in your original folder location and the sent email folder.

I only want to post the final solution of my problem.

The Solution was discovered on my own.

I am having a security App called Voodoo Shield by Cyberlock and there is / was an option for cleaning temp files automatically. This caused the problem why my attachments were self deleted after some small time. Disabled it and everything works fine like before…

Thank You!