Attachments do not open in Exchange account

Hello,

I am using the latest eM Client version 6.0 20320.0.

I am able to open attachment in received emails in my Gmail account.

However in my Exchange account impossible to open.
When I click on an attachment in an exchange email, em Client gives me the option to open or save the document. Both open or save do not work.
A dialog box opens saying opening or saving attachment, but the dialoog box stays there forever (I waited up to 10 minutes).
Please notet that the file is a very small excel sheet (53 KB) and I have checked the file on my phone and it is not corrupted at all. Something else is wrong.
Even cancelling the open or Save dialog box does not work. Result i remain stuck there forever and have to go to task Manager and Kill eM Client to be able to access my emails again.

Screen capture and log files are here : http://we.tl/GBQQFYXZUD

Please help if you have any ideas …

Imrana.

Hi, please install the update I’ve sent you in another topic and if this issue persists, please download this tool http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe
and run it when the application is stuck on downloading the attachment or when it freezes.

The tool will generate a dump file, please send this dump file to [email protected]

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I installed the suggested eM Client update (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20489/setup.msi) and I am now able to open all attachments in Exchange account.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Imrana.

No problem, glad we’ve solved this issue, if you come across any other issues or questions, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,
 i had similar issue Exchange account not opening  any attachment  PDF / HTML
i am using latest eM client  6.0.22065.0

Hi, are you having this issue wit all your attachments in this format, e.g. are you able to replicate the problem with every incoming attachment using a PDF or HTML format?

What version of Exchange are you using on your mail server? Are you seeing any errors while trying to perform this action and display the attached files? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you.

I can open .Jpeg and .PDF attachment but some specific email attachment i am not able to open.  

Hi, does this occur with all new incoming messages? Is it possible it only occurs with messages that are being moved by an existing rule on your server or in eM Client to another folder?

Can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs, please try to perform a folder repair on the mailbox where this message has been saved to, to do so, right click the folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the repair button.

If the issue persists, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to us using the “Send logs” button to [email protected] and please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul