Archiving problem

I have five IMAP email accounts, and three different archiving problems. I have set automatic archiving to occur every seven days, and to archive mail older than one year. Then I manually archived (I tried multiple times) and here are the results.

Three of the accounts are associated with my web domains. None of those are archiving at all and no archive folders were created for them, either.

My Gmail did archive, but it stopped in September 2013, rather than November 2013.

My Yahoo account is only archiving some random folders I created years ago, with few items in them. It is not archiving the main Inbox (12,000 items) and Sent Items, nor were archive folders created for these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just realized an additional piece of information. For Gmail, the existing archive goes up until Sept. 6, which was the day before I signed up for my free license. I used eM Client for the month, then my license lapsed for 1.5 months or so until today, when I upgraded to Pro. For some reason, it seems to have never archived the Gmail account again after the first time on Day 1, even though it was set to a weekly schedule.

Hi Jim, to view archive folders, please make sure you have “local folders” enabled in eM Client, to do so, please navigate to Tools > Settings > General > Show local folders.
If you have automatic archiving enabled, can you please make a screenshot of your archiving settings from Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving and make a screenshot of your archiving options.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul - On one of my computers (Computer A, Windows 8.1), I was able to get four of the five accounts archived today. The Yahoo account Inbox is still not archiving. On the other computer (Computer B, Windows 7), none of the accounts are archiving at all. I do have local folders enabled; those folders are empty on both machines. The archives, at least on Computer A, are not  appearing in the local folders but in a separate Archive folder tree. I just installed your program, so I’m using the version that’s on your site: 6.0.21040.0.  
Below are two screenshots. The first is Computer A, and the second is Computer B. 

Thanks for your help…Jim

Hello?

Hi again Jim, seems like the application does archive your yahoo account based on the screenshot, as your sent folder and drafts folder seem to be archived (showing unread email).

Also note that by archiving you’re removing the content from the server and moving it into your local folder. Thus having the option enabled on both of your computers, may cause issue, as both computers, will try to download and archive the data, but for one computer, the data won’t be available for archiving anymore.

This may create a mess between your accounts as you will have part of your emails available on one computer and part on the other, as I can see may have occurred already while using the current setup.

Regards,
Paul.

Hi Paul - The Yahoo inboxes are still not archiving. Both screenshots show an empty inbox folder (i.e. I took the screenshots while in the inboxes, and you can see that there are no emails in either of them). While it’s great that the sent and draft folders are archiving, for me, the main target of archiving is the inbox. Also, note that I didn’t load eM Client onto Computer B until a month after it was up and running on Computer A, so Computer B couldn’t have been responsible for any archiving complications for Computer A during that period. There was plenty of opportunity for Computer A to archive; it was set to “weekly,” and I had also initiated multiple archive attempts manually. 

I do see that there does appear to be a conflict on the non-inbox Yahoo folders and Gmail folders, that you mentioned. I.e. both of them fighting for the same content. I suppose, then, that to solve that problem, I should disable archiving on one of the computers? And then somehow consolidate the two partial archives I now have? Thanks…Jim 

Hi again Jim, can you please try to update your client to this release and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21289/setup.msi ? If it does, can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the problematic account? 

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue (perform archiving)
    If the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and submit the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul