Archiving in two devices

I would like to archive my email in two separate devices. With my previous client I would do that by configuring the archive to leave the messages on server in one of the devices, but I cannot find a way of doing it with the eM Client. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Joao

By selecting a message in your Inbox, and clicking on the Archive button, the message will be archived to a folder on the server, and will be visible to any email client or webmail interface that connects to that same account. Some servers do not support this, and if they don’t, the Archive button will not be visible in eM Client.

By using Menu > Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving, the messages will be removed from the server, and archived on that computer only. These will not be visible to any other email client or webmail interface that connects to that account.

Many thanks for the super-quick reply. It would be good to have an automatic way of doing this. It would be enough to have the option move/copy when archiving.

You mean an automatic way of doing it with the server option?

Sorry, not sure what you mean.

I said that there are two ways of archiving.

One using the server folder, which is done manually by you clicking on the Archive button for each message you want to archive.

The other is done automatically using the computer as the destination.

So you said it would be good to have an automatic way of doing this. I asked if you were referring to the first method, that archives to the server.

Sorry, no, I was referring to the second method that saves locally.

Yes, the second method is only done automatically.

Once you set it up, it will scan for message over certain age and archive them. You can set it to run daily, or after any specified number of days.