Archived Mail Attachments will not open

I am running 8.2.1721

I recently needed to open some attachments from older email messages.

All of them fail to open whether they are double-clicked on or whether they are saved and then opened.
The files are essentially empty. Same thing if I forward the email to another address.

What concerns me most (other than every single email message in my archive with an attachment being screwed) is that this exact issue was reported against V6 in 2014 and again in 2016:

Mail Archive attachements all corrupt

Ten years on and two versions later, a fundamental bug is still present.

If the data is not there because there was some issue in version 6, then installing a newer version won’t retroactively fix that missing data. The data is just lost.

But you are also using an old version of eM Client, so any fixes related to this you may not have. That will affect any new archiving you do.

Can you install the latest release, and try the archive again on new messages in your Inbox, then see if the attachments on those new messages are accessible from the Archive?

If the data is not there because there was some issue in version 6, then installing a newer version won’t retroactively fix that missing data. The data is just lost.

I was never a user of Version 6. I bought and purchased emClient 8 Pro on 6th October 2021.
My point is that two versions on and 7 years on from my original purchase, the original bug is still present.

I have turned archiving off and have absolutely no intention of running it again to then find all my current messages are also screwed.

I’m aware the data is almost certainly lost… I’m simply expressed my displeasure at that fact and that nothing has been done to fix a pretty serious defect in a Mail Client.

You are using a very old version so it definitely won’t have any of the fixes from the past couple of years. Can you upgrade to the latest release please, and see if the issue is still there on new messages you archive.

Old or not, I was kinda hoping to have fixes from the previous seven years of reported bugs when I bought Version 8.

No, I won’t be upgrading as that will be a one-way deal with no guarantee that archiving works.
What I will be doing is looking for a new Mail Client.