"archive" functionality bug

“Archive” works on some accounts but not on others, inconsistently at times; i.e. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Currently it is working on my Gmail account, but works inconsistently (usually fails and does absolutely nothing) on an Exchange/Office365 account. What gives? Is it possible I’m doing something wrong? It is strange that occasionally it works, but usually it does not.

Note: no difference in behavior whether I click the Archive button in the toolbar vs use the hotkey which I have assigned to the “a” key.

Just a few details needed:

1. What OS are you using?
  2. What version/release of eMC do you have installed?
  3. Any errors logged?
  4. Is this a problem that has suddenly appeared?
  5. Free or Pro licence?
  1. Windows 10 Home Premium (up to date)
  2. eM v8.0.3385 (83a873c)
  3. I don’t know where to look for the error log, but nothing pops, in-client
  4. No, it’s been like this for as long as v8 has been out
  5. Pro

I noticed that when I’m in “All Inboxes”, it never works for this account. But when I’m looking at the actual account, or the Inbox folder in that account, that’s when it sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t Right now it’s working for me. So there’s a clear a/b test case between All Inboxes (archive function not working) and the specific account Inbox (archive function working). I hope that helps.

Footnote: it was in demo/free mode when I first tested this, due to a recent OS reinstall. I re-activated it to Pro with my license key, but it did not impact the results.

OK - if you have a Pro licence you have a clear line of support.
I would raise a support ticket here for the attention of the eMC support staff.

https://support.emclient.com/

Also, in preparation you will find the logs & errors here:
Menu/Operations/Errors (Log)
Hope this helps…