Arbitrary collation of messages

If there is one thing that makes me feel old, it is trying to get into a user forum. However, not the point. I have used emclient for a number of years, and it has been good. More recently I have found that messages have disappeared. Deleted? No. They have arbitrarily been tucked away with some other message. Can I stop this? If I am looking for an email from Charlie, I do not expect to find it attached to a message from Fred. Is this a consequence of some update? My version is 9.2.1222 and I just run it for emails. No calendar, Notes, Tasks, Widgets or anything else. I do like things to stay where I put them, not have them moved by some one who thinks they know more than I do about what is good for me. What can you suggest?

Do you possibly have “Conversation view” enabled which then groups messages together.

Go to “Menu / Settings / Mail / Read” and go down to the “Conversations section” and if that’s enabled, disable it and “Save and Close”.

Thanks for your knowledge, cyberzork. That was the setting - I presume it is a default since I have never dug that deep in the settings before. The next few days will show if indeed that was the issue.

I presume it is a default since I have never dug that deep in the settings before.

Yes I believe conversation view is (enabled) by default. I too prefer that option disabled.

Seems to have fixed it - once again, “Thanks”.

I just joined the forum for that very reason. “Conversations” was driving me nuts. Will see if it works. Thanks