Appointments Get Hung Up

When people send me appointments and I accept, the request moves to the Outbox. There it changes from bold to grey lettering, but it stays there instead of disappearing. The sender then reports they did not receive a response from me. This started happening after the recent software update to the eM client.

Please uninstall and try this version: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v4.0.138…

Let me know how it goes.

How do I save my appointments if I uninstall?

By default when uninstall, your database would not be touched. But if you want to do a back-up, copy everything under:

C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

I copied the files but let me confirm. You’re suggesting I uninstall the eM client itself in its entirety, right? Also, the one I’m uninstalling is 4.0.13961.0 which appears to be a newer number than the 4.0.138 link you sent me. So please advise that I should use the version you sent as a link.

That is correct.

It didn’t work. Replies to appointments just sit in the Outbox.

Still not working.

Concerned this isn’t getting attention.

Hmmm, I recall I paid for this option. Should I request a refund and move on?

Hi, I’m not an employee. So I only do this whenever I do have time to spare. I recommended slightly earlier release because it was more stable for me. And I don’t have this problem as well. If you do have a pro license, use the Pro dedicated ticket support system. You would have faster response as well as employee from eM to help you.

Apologies! I thought you were an employee. I’ll try the Pro ticket system. Thanks for your help.

I can’t seem to get help from the company so I thought I’d try you again. The laptop that has v. 3.5.13654.0 works perfectly; the machine with the newer version has the problem. On that machine, I deleted the eM program and downloaded the version you recommended, but when I executed it, it automatically updated to a v.4. So there is something in my computer’s database that is recognizing the program and preventing me from adding an older version. I also tried importing the older program from my laptop and had the same issue. Any thoughts?

Since you’re trying to install an older version, you have to uninstall the new version prior the installation. Other wiser the installer would just prompt you that you already have a newer version. EM Client do check for new version on-line, but does not automate the process of actually update to a new version, unless the user agrees to other wise. And I’ve done the same process of reverting back to a older ver. 4.0, the database does not get affected.

If you want you can try the older version that being work for your laptop: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v3.5.136…
However, the database is not backward compatible, so you would have to delete the database and start over.

I was deleting the eM client on the PC before downloading the older version. Each time it said it couldn’t do so because the “database” had already been updated. What database could that be? I had already deleted the eM program!

I’m not sure what going on. Because since ver 4.0.13680, 4.0.13728, 4.0.13891, 4.0.13961 are all using the same version of SQLite database. You can interchange them in all of the version 4.x without any issue.

If you want to try earlier version such as 3.5, than you would have to delete the database:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

Which version exactly are you trying now?