Apply filters - do not show again

Hi,

just get really annoyed when applying a filter and each time all rules have been process, I have to confirm the completion window.

This gets very annoying now because you did not manage to run rules automatically so far once messages have been read on different devices other than inside emClient and the rules are not executed anymore and I have to do this manually.

M

Hi Mike,
rules set up in eM Client can only work when you receive the message inside eM Client.
I am not sure what your Idea is addressing - the need to close the completion window or the fact that eM Client rules cannot be executed on other devices?

Regards,
Olivia

Olivia,

the idea behind my wish is simple: I’ve got about 10 accounts hosted at different providers. I’m reading my e-mails on various devices that means most of the incoming e-mails are marked as read afterwards

At home, I open emClient and the e-mails are fetched one after another. The first problem that occurs is that each already read message (e.g. on mobiles) are not recognized anymore by the rules. I’ve posted this annoying issue various times before, however, I was told that the current version (v6) cannot deal with this. Maybe v7 can - I hope so because that would help out a lot?

Anyway, because of this limitation I’ve to execute the rules one after another. To be precise: I’ve to execute them for each of my accounts.

Did I mention that I’ve got more than 90 rules set up?

Let’s return to my wish though. As I told you, manually starting the rules for each of my accounts starts getting boring now! Because of running the rules for each single account, I’m forced to close this final dialog again and again. This really starts bugging me.

I would like to see a checkbox like emClient offers elsewhere, too, where I just can stop the final dialog from appearing and not having to press the OK button each time.

Btw, can I execute all of my rules at once not focusing on a specific account folder? Did not try this myself so far.

Mike

Hi Mike,
when you right click a folder, you can choose to apply all the rules at once and even select all the folders on which to apply them… so the ‘Apply rule’ action can be done at once for all your folders and rules.

Regards,
Olivia

Ok, that’s correct, but as I told you I’ve more than 10 accounts which means over 10 inboxes where I’ve to use the context menu to run the rules, that’s way to much!

And I mentioned it, too, the most annoying issue is the final window, see image, that has to be confirmed each time, too.

Hence my wish for a checkbox on this window to " Not show this again".

Mike

You can click the ‘Select’ button on the Folder: Inbox line and choose all your folders from all your accounts if you wish and run it only once, or apply the rule on the ‘All inboxes’ smart folder.
I understand what you meant about the completion window and I’m leaving this here as a possible idea to consider for our developers, I am just also trying to suggest a work-around for you that would make this easier for you in the meantime.

Regards,
Olivia

Lol. 6 years later. I agree, I would love the option to get rid of the Completed Dialog screen after running a rule. Just run the rule.