Application hanging

Hi again Eric, it seems like there’s something seriously wrong with your client, please down this, most recent release (this release should contain multiple bug fixes regarding exchange issues and other bug fixes regarding your issue too) - http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21015/setup.msi

If the application does not respond to your actions just as it did before the update please run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstackdump.exe, and send me the generated output file to my email with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Ok, I’ve done the latest update. It is running. I do still see the transient can’t connect errors. Now mostly apple mail so the only real issue for me there is that is where I keep contacts and calendar. But so far they look like less. I am not going to try any message moves etc. for a while. See if it will just run. If I start seeing a lot of errors I’ll do the stack dump.

As a PS, I removed the database and this is a clean install.

Also, I didn’t see anyplace in the settings to increase the timeout time? Is this a user adjustable parameter? If so where? Looking at the failure to connect errors I am very convinced that would help significantly.

Timeout is unfortunately not a user adjustable parameter, however if the connection is dropped, eM client should reconnect automatically however an error will be shown. You can avoid this by not showing the operations window when an error occurs, this is an option in the applications general settings.

Thank you for valuable information regarding this issue, but please keep me posted if you come across any other issues or questions.

Not completely sure what problem are you now having with the contacts and calendars, but if this is a separate issue, I’ll be happy to take a look at it under a new topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

No problem directly, just the apple mail seems to suffer the connection error more, and I don’t use it for anything except as the common online storage location for the calendar and contacts. I could eliminate the apple mail account if it weren’t for that and would probably eliminate about 80 - 90% of the connection dings.