AOL/Verizon just changed there POP and SMTP setting and now EM Client will not work.

AOL/Verizon just changed there POP and SMTP setting and now EM Client will not work. Have set up manually and verified all settings but it will not work with the new settings.

Same problem here.

Tried these settings but doesn’t work on EM client?
https://help.aol.co.uk/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mai…

I think I have the same problem.

Down by me as well, BIG problem!

Hello all,

if the mail provider changed the server settings, there is unfortunately nothing we can do about it. Please contact the provider’s support for the new correct server settings and fill them into Menu > Tools > Accounts.

Regards,
Russel

I’ve fixed this.  I used the ports as advised in an email from AOL some weeks ago (which I thought was SPAM but kept it in case it wasn’t) and these didn’t work.  So I ran the diagnostics tool that can be found in Tools/Accounts and that seems to have fixed the problem - well I’ve now got my emails.

Yup, the diagnostics and fix tool worked for me as well. The SMTP took a while but eventually it did fix it.

Turns out the the recommended AOL/Verizon settings will work, but only if you select  “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)” under the Security policy for both POP and SMTP.  

AOL does give the correct port numbers on their website.

Use SSL/TLS if available and Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) are the same protocol, just a different port number. You can either change the port number manually to what is on AOL website, or select the special port option which changes the port number automatically.