Anyone have issues with Support?

Anyone have issues with Support? I’m on 34 days with No response. And not the first time either.

After opening a support ticket with eM Client at https://support.emclient.com, I usually get a reply within a day, maybe two at the max.

Login to the support page again and increase the priority of the ticket.

Well I do too. I get the ticket, and then thats it.

I guess it all depends on what the nature of your ticket is and what they said in the reply.  Usually they ask me for more information, give a solution, or let me know that the problem has been passed on the the developers.

If you feel that they are not attending to your ticket, add a comment to the ticket. They will see that the ticket has been updated and respond. 

But my experience is that even on the lowest priority, I get timeous responses.

1st message:

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

This was the last one which I replied to:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, I will be more than happy to help you.
Connectivity issues with multiple accounts usually indicate that the connection is blocked or your network connection is broken(unless all affected accounts are hosted by the same company).
Are you using any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy and are those account hosted by different providers?

In case you will have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

After this 34 days of nothing.

Responses and resolutions are 2 different things Gary.

Yes, this is an automated message to inform you that the ticket has been opened.

This is a reply from the support agent addressing your question. What happened when you disabled the anti-virus, firewall, VPN or proxy as he suggested? Did you reply to this message if that was not successful?

If you would prefer some assistance from other users, please open a thread on this forum stating which version of eM Client you are using and what the issue is.If you have already done that, please send the link to me at gary@gmx.se. Also please include the complete error message you are receiving. Errors can be found in Menu > Tools > Operations.

I am on this forum a few times a day, so I promise I will comment the same day. :wink:

What you are saying is not the issue.
I have Windows firewall and security defender installed
they have never been an issue

Connectivity issues are often because of  the anti-virus/firewall blocking the port, which can suddenly change after an update to those applications. Did you disable them then try again?

If that does not help, please post the error message here, otherwise it is not so easy to offer any suggestion.

Gary this is an issue that comes and goes. I have on many occasions disable that software but it never resolved it. Sometimes the issue just fixes itself. However from time to time one of more accounts stops syncing and the red checkmark shows up. I log in through to outlook through the browser and it logs in fine. Restart em clinet and same. Restart the computer, same. This sometimes last for days. Im also not willing to overlook a month of no responses from tech support. Thats a problem for me. And once again as before the issue is gone. Nothing has changed. No updates, no new installs, no firewall or antivirus deactivated or updated. Its an ongoing issue, as well as the level of support

The red exclamation (or it may be different depending on the theme you are using) indicates a connectivity issue. This is seen with IMAP accounts, where the network (Internet) connection is there, but there is some error with connecting to the server because of an interruption in the service. I have seen this on a few occasions when connected from my rural connection at home. It is an unreliable connection, so that is to be expected.

Clicking on the exclamation symbol should restore the connection. That it comes and goes definitely indicates that the problem is in your connection, or with the server.

For me the solution was to change to POP3, and as I am now only using email on one device that is not an issue. My contacts and calendars are still synced so I have them on my phone.

Who is your email provider? Maybe there are known issues, or at least we can check you have the correct settings.