another activation problem

I’ve been running EMClient for about a year, but recently had to restore my computer to factory default and reinstall everything. Now when I try to activate EM Client, I get a message that it is an invalid activation key. I retrieved my key using the lost key function. I’m thinking that it is detecting that this is a new computer and not the same computer? Any ideas?

Hi Duane, if you want to reactivate your license on a new computer or a new installation of eM Client, all you should have to do is to use the activation key you’ve received. However sometimes issues can occur while trying to reactivate the product if you haven’t deactivated the product on your old computer or old installation of the application.

If the activation issue persists, can you please send me your license information including the email address used for license registration, to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

That solved the problem Paul! Thank You!

Hi again Duane, glad I could help, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other questions or issues, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.