Annyoying reminder

Every time I start email client it puts up a ‘buy a pro licence’ panel. I only need the limited functoinality. How do you stop the constant nuisance of having to close the panel? I don’t need the reminder!

If you are using eM Client for personal use only, you can register a Free License here, then activate that in Menu > Help > License.

If you are using eM Client for business regardless of what functionality you need, you need to purchase a Pro License here, then activate that in Menu > Help > License.

Thanks, but it will not accept my free licence key as I have had it free for some time and I would need another one. This means I have to have the irritation of constant ‘buy a pro licence’ panel every time I open the client. I am not allowed to use it free beyond a certain point, apparently, without having to buy and expensive licence for things I don’t need.

The Free License is valid forever, so you can go ahead and use it.

What is the error you get when you try to activate it?

It tells me that the free key is valid until now, and the persistent ‘buy a pro licence’ keeps popping up each time I open emclient. I can use it, if I close the panel, but I really don’t want to see the panel, and there is no way I can see to stop it opening each time

As far as I know some Free License users entered evaluation mode after upgrading to version 8. After the initial 30 days it reverts to a normal Free License version and you should not see the pop-up.

OK, thanks Gary. Though it says that my free trial ends in ‘0’ days now it is still giving me the pro licence panel. Let’s see what it does tomorrow, otherwise I will have to change to another email client. I can’t put up with this irritating idiocy.

Got the same message it never went away so I reverted to using an older version. I am now past 30 days with the same popup screen. I bet yours wont go away as it says close to use free version.

Another user mentioned that recently, but I couldn’t find the post earlier.

Here it is:

Any chance one of you could give a screen-shot of the message?

Hello again… it has given up pestering me now, and I got a message saying that it was now going to graciously revert to the free version. Perhaps being threatened with extermination is what sorted it out… what do you think…?

I think you’re right.

Glad it is working for you now without pestering you. :joy: