Annoying problem with categories !

I have a very annoying problem - After assigning categories to tasks they randomly go back to category NONE, not always the same ones, this morning about 75% of them just changed after having been OK first look, now not OK, I have to go through and assign categories again and then, some will just loose them again, I doubt I am the only person - Can anyone help or advise me. Thanks.

Hello,
what version of eM Client do you have? Where do you have the contacts saved? In local folder, or on a server?

Thanks George.
I did not get back as since writing it seemed to settle and I had not lost anything, until just this second ago when all except 1 task categories reset to None !
Now I have been editing contacts this morning, so I thought about what you ahd said about contacts. My contacts are pulled from my Gmail contacts so they are remote I guess. The version of EClient I cannot find, in properties it has the creation date as 26th May, I have only recently downloaded it.
Any ideas why this happens ?
Thanks Darren.

Do you have any thoughts on the above point and the resetting of categories ?
Thanks Darren.

Hello,
unfortunately you cannot categorize Google tasks, because Google does not support it. That is the reason why the categories disappear after the synchronization.

Hi thanks I get it now it makes sense.
The tasks were not created in google Tasks only in EClient. However i guess that when it synchronizes the mail it does calendar and tasks as well even though I do not want or need that to happen it is only the mail that I need synchronized.
I guess I can find a way to prevent tasks from synchronizing and then I am all set.
Thanks for all your help
Darren.

Hi thanks I get it now it makes sense.
The tasks were not created in google Tasks only in EClient. However i guess that when it synchronizes the mail it does calendar and tasks as well even though I do not want or need that to happen it is only the mail that I need synchronized.
I guess I can find a way to prevent tasks from synchronizing and then I am all set.
Thanks for all your help
Darren.

If you do not need to synchronize it with your google account, you can create it in Local folders - all categories will be preserved.