Annoying paste options bar (interference)

Ive been copying and pasting recently and the paste options bar always interferes with my message., I’m not sure how to prevent or move it away to a different area. I think pressing “escape” works, but this is incredibly annoying,

Is there a way to disable if there’s no workaround?

miércoles 17 mayo 2023 :: 0828hrs (UTC +0100)

I agree and would also like to know, it is similar to MS Word where it can be disabled.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores deseos desde Milan y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

As soon as you start typing the tooltip will close.

But I can’t see what I’m typing with the tooltip there and know if my cursor is in the right place. Besides, I’m looking for a way to disable it if possible or another workaround. I just want it gone. .

I’m looking for a way to disable it if possible or another workaround

I press the enter / return key to get rid of it. But then I have to go back to where I left off.

2 Likes

jueves 18 mayo 2023 :: 0843hrs (UTC +0100)

In my opinion it is an inconvenience and there should be a facility to disable!
Like @cyberzork I press another key,however, I use “space bar” you do not then need to go back, at worst you have any extra space.

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

2 Likes

The cursor is exactly where you left it, and as soon as you start typing the tooltip will close so you can see what you are typing.

Otherwise, if you are not going to be typing anything, and you want to read what you pasted, just hit Esc and it will close.

FYI, I added providing an option to disable the tooltip to our list of feature requests to be considered for future development.

1 Like

FYI, I added providing an option to disable the tooltip to our list of feature requests to be considered for future development.

Thanks. Hopefully the developers will realize it’s a necessary feature to disable or to move the tooltip somewhere else or just isolate it nt in the toolbar. It’s become terribly annoying.

Which raises an unrelated question. Should we be double-spacing after a period, or do what seems to be the trend now and use a single space? I was always taught to double-space after a period.

1 Like

viernes 19 mayo 2023 :: 1040hrs (UTC +0100)

Yes, that is what I was taught, together with several, grammar, spelling and other rules, when I learned English; it is not my first language.
The fall from use was possibly brought about with the advent of spelling/grammar checkers though I do not know as I do not use them.
However, if I am correct perhaps adherence to rules will get better with AI.
Concerning reliance on software with written and spoken word there is also an issue with translation software where it often does not give a return in the vernacular.
I end with this “Purgamentum init, Purgamentum exit”

skybat

¡Buena suerte!

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

I was also told that it may have more to do with Microsoft Office and how it’s deleting the extra space. Double Space After Period is Wrong, Says Microsoft Word